A recipe from the famous author Ottolenghi!
- 200 ml Greek yogurt and 200 ml whole milk
- 250 g flat bread
- 380 g tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 100 g radishes, cut into thin slices
- 250 g cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 2 spring onions, cut into thin rings
- 25 g flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 mL olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp white pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground sumac for sprinkling
The day before, carefully mix the yogurt and milk in a bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator until bubbles form on the surface. The result has the consistency of buttermilk but tastes less sour. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and pour into a large bowl. Add the yogurt-milk mixture and the other ingredients except for the sumac, mix well and let stand for 10 minutes. Spread the salad on the serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sumac.